Page 62 of 64 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 LastLast

Thread: The JADE thread

Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Icyjade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arialle View Post
    I love jadeite~ I am so excited there is a jadeite thread here~ here are some of my jadeite bangles~(The black bangle and the white one beside it are not jadeite)
    Quote Originally Posted by CathyKeshi View Post
    Here you go, right side up ... and lovely bangles!

Attachment 46764Attachment 46765
    Was catching up on older posts and saw this.

ArialLe: Can you pls post more pics of the top left and bottom rightmost bangles? Wrist shots, close ups and/or whatever you can manage. They look really lovely! Would love to find out more about them and get more eye candy.

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert JerseyPearl's Avatar

Great post Icy! I have certificates on some of my Type A, but others were so inexpensive it really didn't justify the additional cost.

Another trick to putting on a bangle without having to lotion up or soap up...use a grocery produce bag. Put it over your hand and slide the bangle over your hand.
    Etsy shop: OceansCove
    Instagram: OceansCove
    Facebook: Ocean's Cove Jewelry
    Amazon Handmade: Ocean's Cove
    Pinterest: OceansCove

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

IcyJade & JP, your bangles are stunning! I especially like icy's 2-tone and JPs lavender. I must get sized soon!

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

So much good information here !!

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

I recently took some of my Mom's jewelry in to Mayors Jewelers to get appraised. As I sat down, the appraiser said, "Nice jade!" because I was wearing the jade bracelet. But he would not appraise it. I was bummed out. It was one of the pieces I was really curious about as far as value.

Bweaves: when u say appraise do you mean to determine if it's grade A jade or for the value? Value is quite difficult to determine I think.

----

Just to share a website that I found quite interesting and informative, with stuff like what to do with broken bangles etc.

http://www.jadeitejade.com

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyPearl View Post
    Great post Icy! I have certificates on some of my Type A, but others were so inexpensive it really didn't justify the additional cost.

Another trick to putting on a bangle without having to lotion up or soap up...use a grocery produce bag. Put it over your hand and slide the bangle over your hand.
    I never mastered the plastic bag trick. So my go to method is hand/body lotion.

Adding a photo - wore a black dress today and felt like my other bangle matches the outfit better.
    IMG_4079.jpg
    Last edited by Icyjade; 07-27-2017 at 02:44 PM.

BWeaves, did he say why he wouldn't appraise the bracelet?

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert battah's Avatar

Icy I'm in love with that bangle <3
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/LiliasTreasures

Instagram: @LiliasTreasures

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Camelotshadow's Avatar

Wow, love the lavender. I measured the widest part of the palm clenched & checked the chart & it said 56 to 58 which I would buy 58 as I was on the high end of the measurement.

I think 58 will fit without much stress or need for lotion. I'm not comfortable going smaller as my hand could swell at times in the future.
    Right now I am on chemo but my hand is not really swollen its the knuckles that are the widest point & the bones don;t compress so the bangle needs to go over that area.

I have my eye on a cheap (under $75) A grade which I guess is off color green/ avocado with some rust & a patch of lavender. I actually like the more subdued color & maybe thats why the low price as its just not the best color?

I really have not been into bangles or bracelets but it just seems to be calling to me...would go nice with tahitians.

Since the smallest diam around the clenched hand is 180mm
    from the chart I would be 58mm...so maybe even 59 would do? I think 58 will fit without any real stress.

176 - 182 mm is 56 - 58 mm

Maybe is thousands of years of Chinese history is right it could bring health benefits or good luck...

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

He said Jade was too hard to put a value on, but I suspect it also wasn't his area of expertise.

I wanted valuation for getting a few of Mom's pieces insured, like her engagement ring. But other pieces I just wanted a feel for how much they were worth because I couldn't find the receipts. Mom kept receipts for most items, but sometimes the writing had faded or the description was too vague to determine which bracelet or earrings the receipt referred to.

Somehow after wearing the lavender/green bangle for a while and then wearing this icy jade bangle, find that I do prefer this bangle as the shape (round vs flat inner surface) is more comfy to wear. Is a bit strange cos a vendor had told me that flat bangles are more comfy to wear? Anyone feels the same or differently?

Quote Originally Posted by Camelotshadow View Post
    Wow, love the lavender. I measured the widest part of the palm clenched & checked the chart & it said 56 to 58 which I would buy 58 as I was on the high end of the measurement.

I think 58 will fit without much stress or need for lotion. I'm not comfortable going smaller as my hand could swell at times in the future.
    Right now I am on chemo but my hand is not really swollen its the knuckles that are the widest point & the bones don;t compress so the bangle needs to go over that area.
    Camelotshadow, hope you feel better soon. Mostly importantly get whichever size is more comfortable for you.

This site shows how to measure and a plastic glove trick that looks easy...
    I may bring bring some gloves along next time I go shopping so I don't have to repeatedly wash my hands... that is, if I remember anyways.
    http://www.ultimatejadeite.com/how-t...ngle-bracelet/

Quote Originally Posted by battah View Post
    Icy I'm in love with that bangle <3
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    He said Jade was too hard to put a value on, but I suspect it also wasn't his area of expertise.
    Jade pricing seems so arbitrary as compared to other gem stones.

I have both princess and D shaped bangles, and wear them both. I do like the all round princess during the summer because it doesn't seem to stick as much to my skin as does the flat inner surface of the D.

On pricing, it is certainly quite possible to get Type A jadeite that has been un treated for under $100. But I caution you to carefully examine the piece for cracks and other flaws that could likely cause the bracelet to break when hit or dropped. You certainly won't get a valuable piece of jadeite for that price, but I have seen (and own) a number of really lovely inexpensive bangles. There are so many factors that go into pricing of jade...You may want to check out Mason Kay http://www.masonkay.com. They have tons of information on their website.

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Camelotshadow's Avatar

I found I like the 2 tone green lavendar & even enjoy some rust veining.

The 1st one was the first one I liked but you can see its pastel & more opaque but not bad for the price.

I saw another one I liked as it was a deeper color & more translucent but it had a chip on edge & there was a Y crack radiating out from it. Not sure how deep that went but likely thats not good & any knock i the right place could break it.

A lavendar would be nice too but price would be more.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert battah's Avatar

I tend to like D bangles more so far, as they sit closer to the wrist. I like a really snug fit. I prefer the look of princess bangles though.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/LiliasTreasures

Instagram: @LiliasTreasures