Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Third-graft Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

amti, beautiful collection of pendants and strands! Sea Urchin, good question, I bet post earrings are at the top of the sales list! My Dad bought my first pair, and 2nd and 3rd (after I begged and begged to get my ears pierced at age 12!)

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

SeaUrchin,

Dare I ask how painful the cosmetic tattooing was? I have to admit that I've often thought it would be super convenient...

I have to admit that this winter I did wear my studs quite a bit too. They helped me look pulled together on days I was anything but.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert hanadama's Avatar

Sea Urchin, I bet you're right. I definitely have more stud earrings than any other type of jewellery.

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

I'm also curious about the cosmetic tattooing. Currently I dye my eyebrows and eyelashes so I don't have to deal with eye makeup in the morning, but I also use Latisse to thicken them up because dye won't dye air.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Sea Urchin's Avatar

Tbh, each time, I went in loaded up on painkillers leftover from a surgery, so I did not feel a thing. I think if you go to a place overseen by a physician you can get better painkillers from them than just the numbing cream, though. I'm told the lips usually hurt the most, but I got mine done twice. The color apparently works its way out as the mouth moves.

Brows hurt the least (I'm told) and eyeliner is probably hard if you are not under the influence because you have someone with a needle so close to your eyes.

The reason I went in originally was because my eyebrows have gotten thin and the "tails" were gone. I was so surprised when I looked online at before and after shots how much younger women look when they get their eyebrows back.

I'm happy with it, but would advise against getting the lips done since it weirdly went away for the most part both times after only a couple of months. That was a couple of years ago and I can see just a trace of it now. Either that or keep your mouth still haha.

@BWeaves, did the Latisse change your eye color? I couldn't believe that was a possible side effect!

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Urchin View Post
    @BWeaves, did the Latisse change your eye color? I couldn't believe that was a possible side effect!
    Is that due to a change in the pressure in the eye? My sister used that and it worked amazingly well...but then she was told that you need to be careful as it can cause problems if you have the beginnings of glaucoma ... I have no idea if this is true or not but she did stop using it as that is a problem in our family.

Sea Urchin...how did the eyebrow colour work? Are you happy with it? My 'tails' have been disappearing and I know that can be a symptom of low Thyroid ( hence the thyroid medication Im now on ) but it would be nice to have better eyebrows!
    Instagram Pearlzaustralia

I don't know why Latisse can change eye color, I just heard it on a commercial or something. Maybe BWeaves knows.

I love the brow tattoos and the eyeliner too. But I have noticed a couple of women around town with lavender colored brows. I'm not sure if the dyes didn't used to be as good as they are now or if I have that to look forward to when it fades lol. I think I was told you're supposed to get them redone every three years or so though, because the color does fade. The brows seem to be a pretty un-sensitive area so I bet it doesn't hurt much even if you don't get painkillers.

I've read that brown tattoo ink oxidizes to purple. So I think the ladies with the lavender brows probably had them tattooed brown and the ink changed color on them over time.

Latisse is a glaucoma medicine that has the side effect of making your lashes thicker and longer. I had a friend who had glaucoma in one eye, and so she only used the full strength medicine in the one eye, and she looked like Malcolm Mcdowell from the movie "A Clockwork Orange." My understanding is that Latisse will actually help glaucoma because it's a weak version of the full strength medicine. Latisse also works great on my eye brows, but that's an off label use.

I also understand that Latisse may permanently make brown spots on blue irises. My eyes are hazel. Moss green with gold centers. I really cannot tell if there are any brown spots on my irises.

When you have glaucoma, you put the medicine in your eye. With Latisse, you have a tiny brush that you run over the top of your eyelashes, so the medicine does not get in your eye. However, it doesn't hurt anything if it does drip in your eye.

P.S. Apparently, I cannot type the word ************ strength medicine. It comes out as all asterisks.
    The word I'm trying to type is prescripti0n. I didn't know that was a 4 letter word.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert hanadama's Avatar

**** test test

Wow that's so bizarre. I thought it was weird that you were all asterixing that word in the other thread. I know this is a pearl forum but honestly doing so perpetuates a culture of victim blaming. It's not a swear word, blanking it out implies that it is "taboo", something the victim should be ashamed about. BS.

Although if seemingly benign words are also being blanked out, perhaps it's just a weird glitch?
    Last edited by hanadama; 04-19-2017 at 12:21 PM.

Natural Pearl Lover Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert MSC's Avatar

Certain color inks last longer than others - reds and pinks fade pretty fast, but greens hold on for just about forever. You can prevent fading by using a full spectrum sunblock or sunscreen.

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Pearly-Whites's Avatar

I have placed lip fillers in the past. It is typically hyaluronic acid which is a naturally occurring substance in the human body. It works by bringing moisture to the injected area. Current products are derived from the cockscomb of chickens so it cannot be used on someone with a chicken sensitivity. It can be done pain free with dental injections. As it is a naturally occurring substance, it will be resorbed by the body in four to six months. It is then, a completely reversible procedure. After a few repeated applications, some people can go up to a year. Hope this helps...

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Pearly-Whites's Avatar

Incidentally, Latisse was discovered accidentally as people being treated for glaucoma grew lashes. It is currently marketed by Allergan.

This post is taking a weird twist!!

I was going to post my "go to" studs....

Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Lady_Disdain's Avatar

Hanadama, I think it is blanked not because of victim blaming or anything but because of scammers and spammers.

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert JerseyPearl's Avatar

I have been tempted by Latisse...however, I am a mascara wearer so I am not sure I could give up that addiction...something very cathartic about stroking my lashes in the morning. Currently, I am in love with Chanel in the round cylinder tube (regular, not waterproof which clumps much more quickly).
    Etsy shop: OceansCove
    Instagram: OceansCove
    Facebook: Ocean's Cove Jewelry
    Amazon Handmade: Ocean's Cove