Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Update from me

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert KarinK's Avatar

Default Update from me

Since I poked my head out of lurking mode the other day by writing about my akoya purchase, I thought I should give a general update.

Short version is: Ida was doing better and then she wasn't.

The combination of putting up appearances at Grandma's for three days at Christmas, two days at New Years, moving from sleeping in the living room to a room at the top of the house and starting in a school for children with special needs was most likely too much for her.

She began regressing again rather severely and probably only the fact that I now know how firm I need to be with her desire to regress has kept her functioning and not falling all the way back. She has nightmares again each night, is afraid of everything, wants to hide from the world, don't want to change clothes or shower, is scared of going out - but also just wants to only play with her friends and have fun.

The difference this time is that she still has to do all those things she is afraid of. So she is not allowed to regress further. She does have two contacts from the district. One of them spend 2.5 hrs with her on most days. School was stopped again. After I sounded the alarm the out-going team from the hospital is on her case again and the district is setting up a meeting with them to learn more about Ida and how to help her.

I am so tired. I've been at this for over 1 year now and there is still no normalization in sight. Though I don't doubt we'll get there one day. Right now big brother needs attention too and daddy expects some amount of service around the house since I'm just hanging around the place all day anyway. I still go out for my daily 2 hr break but where I was getting a bit of breathing space with two breaks a day, that is history for now. Too many other obligations.

- Karin

Consumer Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert kelluvpearls's Avatar

Hi Karin sorry to hear about Ida's regression. Take it one day at a time and do continue to take breaks. All the best to you and your family.

Pearl Enthusiast Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Pearl Dreams's Avatar

Thanks for updating us, Karin. It is a lot to deal with!

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert JerseyPearl's Avatar

Sending good thoughts your way.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Marianne's Avatar

You are a wonderful momma, Karin. Hoping for Ida's recovery and more time for you. Hugs

Pearl Journalist Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert GemGeek's Avatar

It sounds like a good time for pearl therapy. Hugs.
    GemGeek
    The World Is My Oyster!

Super Moderator Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert jshepherd's Avatar

Wow, so much to deal with. Wishing you the best through this.

Pearl Scholar Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert pattye's Avatar

Karin, sending caring thoughts your way, always~
    Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

purveyor of pearls Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert pearlescence's Avatar

Take care of yourself. remember that if you fall over, everyone falls.

Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

I can't imagine. It must be exhausting to have so much in your plate for too long. Please stay strong and allow yourself sometime to rest. Sending you lots of hugs and caring and hopeful thoughts that your daughter will get better soon.

Thank you for all the good thoughts! I was lucky I knew even before it began in September 2014 that I had to have my daily time away from the house. So I've kept it up. I canbe home in 5 minutes but I leave for app 2 hrs every day to shop groceries and have a latte with my computer. It keeps me sane, if not rested :-)

What I don't have is anything other than that but I am fortunate in having a lot of my friends on-line. So we can hang out while I am at home. It's been weeks since I have time to talk on the phone with my closest friend, though, because my 2 hr break is The most important thing in my day. So if that is all I have, and it has been for some weeks, then my friend will have to wait yet another week. We'll catch up eventually.

I have to say I am happy I had my children late. I can't see myself dealing with this when I was younger and less mature

- Karin

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert CathyKeshi's Avatar

Use whatever resources you need to stay strong for yourself and for Ida and your family. It does seem that even with regression, there's progress; you're in all our thoughts, and there's always someone here to chat with and lend an ear 24/7 Hugs.
    Cathy

CathyKeshi

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert baby nurse's Avatar

I'm really sorry to hear that Ida has regressed somewhat-- wishing you all the best. You sound like a wonderful Mom.

Administrator Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Kevin Canning's Avatar

I feel for you, that sounds like a lot for anybody to handle. Please don't forget to take care of yourself as well.
    Kevin Canning
    Pearls Of Joy
    www.PearlsOfJoy.com
    Read My Blog
    FaceBook Fan Page
    1-800-451-1411

A very good progress for me is I no longer sleep on a matress on the floor. I managed to move us to a very nice room we have on the top floor (big house) with a queen size sleeping couch. Ida doesn't feel entirely comfortable anywhere so I might as well be more comfortable than on the living room floor. Also removed some pressure from Daddy who really wanted his couch and television back.

- Karin