Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 LastLast
    First-graft Pearl Senior Member

The round cage is Billy's "night-night" cage. They all have roomy rectangular daytime cages, but our flock also roosts together in our bedroom at night in smaller quarters. Cockatoos are prone to night terrors, and we don't want to be far away when that happens.

Oh. - and any birdnappers would have to get past Lizzie, the Bouvier des Flandres, who stays in the bird room and is very protective of "her" birds

IMG_0302.jpg
    Last edited by Cicadalady; 06-25-2017 at 12:55 PM.

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert CathyKeshi's Avatar

Oooh, I couldn't flip this one fast enough! Lizzie reminds me so much of my first dog ... Rufus, with "eyes in his hair" Bought at a flea market for $5.00 (yes, with fleas lol) when my daughter was just a baby. He was in a litter of sibling puppies in a playpen, being pitched hard as "genuine curly coated retrievers, no papers, $5.00 ... lol, even we weren't that dumb, but he was worth every penny ... a good watch dog, a barker but not a biter, and my daughter's best friend for 14 years ... he looked almost like Lizzie, and the vet speculated he was part Bouvier.

Hello, Lizzie!

IMG_0302RSUP.jpg
    Cathy

CathyKeshi

Thanks, Cathy! Rufus sounds like a dear. We always have at least one Bouv in the mix

He was dear. A challenge at times, but as a young mother with a little baby, alone a lot because of hubby's work hours, a protector was sometimes comforting presence. He bowed down to my daughter though, always adored her. Every day through the house tore that BIG dog, with a pink gingham, green eared (chewed by previous runs) stuffed bunny, quickly followed by a tiny girl human ... one shriek of "NO BUNNY Rufus!" and the bunny was dropped, dog cowering in the corner, begging for forgiveness. Repeat daily lol. He'd sit in the corner with her in time out too ... if she went, the dog went
    Cathy

CathyKeshi

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BlackPearlDudeDC's Avatar

Cathy I thank you and everyone keeping this thread going. Even though I've not posted much, I come look at everyone's pictures. It is me that owes everyone a thanks for letting me share the pics here. It was such a huge help to me during some of her harder days, plus I love seeing the variety of animal companions people share their homes with. Now that Sadie is gone, I begrudge the skunks in my neighbors backyard a little less...though they still stink a whole lot.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyKeshi View Post
    Aw, Black Pearl Dude DC, that's my new favorite photo of Sadie .... thank you so much for being brave enough to share her with us.

Ladies those are brilliantly beautiful and very intelligent looking birds! My sister who passed, LONG ago, took in a minah (mynah?) bird who belonged to someone else. She lived with my parents then, so the bird came home too. When the previous owner took it back after a year or 2, we'd lost count of all the phrases that bird could say, not to mention it spoke guinea pig squeak, cat meow, dog barks and and answered the telephone so clearly no one else in the house bothered to answer lol. One day my little cat climbed up the rocking chair back to get a closer look (the bird was as big as she), the bird looked down, gave her a "side eye", waited till she got very close, then spouted an outraged "What the HE____ do you think you're doing?" The cat ran away and never dared again. He also had whole conversations between people with different voices. The funniest one was what sounded like an very old PA Dutch couple ... She: "Harry. HARRY. HAAAAAARRRYYY!" He, eventually after a long pause and a few repeats of the Harry summoning, would answer "what ......???" with a big sigh.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Marianne's Avatar

Pet skunks in the city? The ones raised to be pets used to get "de-skunking" surgery before being adopted.

No...I have a messy neighbor, and the wild skunks love that. Not to mention the masked bandits.

Quote Originally Posted by Marianne View Post
    Pet skunks in the city? The ones raised to be pets used to get "de-skunking" surgery before being adopted.

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Oh he's gorgeous !!! I always wanted a Bouvier !!
    Instagram Pearlzaustralia

Thought you all might like this recent photo of our Miss Reffi. Took a series of quick shots, and we got her cute little tongue LOL. She loves to lay on my footstool like this, just hanging out near me, front legs crossed, back legs on the floor, just chilling out.

ReffisTongue.jpg
    Cathy

CathyKeshi

I want to heart this ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by CathyKeshi View Post
    Thought you all might like this recent photo of our Miss Reffi. Took a series of quick shots, and we got her cute little tongue LOL. She loves to lay on my footstool like this, just hanging out near me, front legs crossed, back legs on the floor, just chilling out.

ReffisTongue.jpg

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Camelotshadow's Avatar

Little tongue but the rest is massive!

Saint Bernard or the Bernese?

Pearl Journalist Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert GemGeek's Avatar

Adorable! Makes me want to reach through the internet for a hug.

Here is one of my favorite things - curly tummy fur!

curly tummy fur.jpg
    GemGeek
    The World Is My Oyster!

Awwww - Miss Reffie is adorable! And I also love curly tummy hair - unless it's matted . Our Wadsworth gets daily combing to avoid that unpleasantness.
    IMG_1667.jpg

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert JerseyPearl's Avatar

Love the fur babies!
    Etsy shop: OceansCove
    Instagram: OceansCove
    Facebook: Ocean's Cove Jewelry
    Amazon Handmade: Ocean's Cove

Oh my gosh, I want to squeeze those kitty tummies, especially the curly one, GemGeek ... I so miss having a cat, sigh ...

Camelotshadow, Miss Reffi does have some of the looks of a Bernese, but she is MUCH smaller, only about 46 lbs. on average ... smallest dog we have ever owned As we rescued her from an animal shelter in VA, half bald, covered with allergy spots etc., and they caught her as a stray, covered with fleas, and down to 27 lbs., we really have no idea what she is. Many people speculate she may be Australian Shepherd or a mix thereof. We know she recognized obedience commands (listening, well, not so much lol), was house broken despite her ordeal, and loves riding in cars, ALL people especially little kids ... so we're sure she was well loved, but lost her way somewhere. She saved US, as our beloved 85 lb., 14 year old Shadow (and he was) had died, and we were bereft. We are lucky.
    Cathy

CathyKeshi