Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
    Third-graft Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BlackPearlDudeDC's Avatar

Thank You so very much Cathy! I'm now having to rethink some of those plans I mentioned .

Quote Originally Posted by CathyKeshi View Post
    BlackPearlDudeDC, sending you and your beloved extra hugs.

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert CathyKeshi's Avatar

Just try to take each minute as it comes, and take comfort in knowing your little girl knows how much you love her. Lean on us when you need to; we're here for you.
    Cathy

CathyKeshi

Natural Pearl Sciences Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Lagoon Island Pearls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPearlDudeDC View Post
    My little bundle of fuzz has had some serious set backs in her health.
    I'm sorry to hear of your little friend's plight. I'm sure you have as much empathy for her as she does for you.

This is Tessa, a Burmese Mountain dog and Bouvier cross. Although she's my mining partner's dog, she very much a part of the team. A terrific watch dog for bears and lions, easily taunted by pesky squirrels, loves the water and running behind the quads. She likes to bury hot dogs at the edges of camp and will always sneak into the tent or cabin to make herself comfortable on your bed, especially when she's soaking wet. Wherever she sleeps, there will inevitably be pile of sand there in the morning.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Oh such a difficult time - believe me I do understand what you are going through. It is such a worry - she is lucky to have such a loving and happy home - a dog couldn't ask for more. And look at all the love you have from her. Thinking of you ! Virtual hug on way ...

Dave - omg - the hair! I can tell that she's a great dog - look at that face... somewhere under there I'm sure there is a face ..
    Instagram Pearlzaustralia

Thank You Dave.

Geez when a dog has better hair then you, you just know it is time for a new shampoo and conditioner. I can still see the chocolate brown eyes in that sea of fur!

Quote Originally Posted by Lagoon Island Pearls View Post
    I'm sorry to hear of your little friend's plight. I'm sure you have as much empathy for her as she does for you.

This is Tessa, a Burmese Mountain dog and Bouvier cross. Although she's my mining partner's dog, she very much a part of the team. A terrific watch dog for bears and lions, easily taunted by pesky squirrels, loves the water and running behind the quads. She likes to bury hot dogs at the edges of camp and will always sneak into the tent or cabin to make herself comfortable on your bed, especially when she's soaking wet. Wherever she sleeps, there will inevitably be pile of sand there in the morning.

You have such a big heart thank you for the support and kind words CK, I really do appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyKeshi View Post
    Just try to take each minute as it comes, and take comfort in knowing your little girl knows how much you love her. Lean on us when you need to; we're here for you.

Katbran your words made me very emotional but in a good way, I really appreciate the support, thank you. In fact to all of you that responded Im really thankful for the kind words and support, I can't say that enough.

I appreciate all of you letting me share my pictures here and sharing some of our memories, I know my time with her is limited so sharing the pics has made me smile in some tough days. She and I (and our little family) have gone through a lot, but I can say without a doubt she rescued me in so many ways. For now she is still such a happy active dog and that is all I can ask for.
    Thank you again everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Katbran View Post
    Oh such a difficult time - believe me I do understand what you are going through. It is such a worry - she is lucky to have such a loving and happy home - a dog couldn't ask for more. And look at all the love you have from her. Thinking of you ! Virtual hug on way ...

Dave - omg - the hair! I can tell that she's a great dog - look at that face... somewhere under there I'm sure there is a face ..

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert amti's Avatar

Just checking in and seeing your post about your little girl, BPD. I pray that she is able to grace this world for a while longer. She's a sweetie and loves you more than you know. Thank you for being so good to her.

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert CathyKeshi's Avatar

Dave ... THE DOG!!!!!!! My very first dog as a married, young, semi-adult lol was a tiny flea ridden puppy bought for $5.00 at ... well, yes, a flea market. I thought I needed it to raise along with my 6 month old baby human girl. My little cousins immediately named him Rufus ... it stuck, and he grew to be 75lbs, and looked much like your partner's dog. My niece used to say he had eyes ... in his hair lol. Your team dog looks to be a great companion, especially when spotted on the beach tracking lion footprints, or high in Jim Creek watching for bears; I always enjoy spotting him
    Cathy

CathyKeshi

Third-graft Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

BPDDC, sorry to hear about your little bundle of fuzz, as you called her. Dave, your Tessa looks like a great dog! Pets really are like family, aren't they?

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert amti's Avatar

Dave, how big is Tessa? I know she's got to be big but I have no idea from the photo. That's really a cute picture, too.

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert JerseyPearl's Avatar

BPDDC, I know you are the very best medicine for your pup.

Dave, your team mascot is adorable! And that comment about sand in the bed where she has slept...reminds me of my kids when they were little. There was always a pile of sand at the bottom of the bed on sheet washing day!
    Etsy shop: OceansCove
    Instagram: OceansCove
    Facebook: Ocean's Cove Jewelry
    Amazon Handmade: Ocean's Cove

Thank you to each of you very much, your posts have been a great source of comfort, I do appreciate it. She is having more good days than bad and still curls up right next to me every chance she gets and that makes us both very happy

I love animals and have spent all day looking at the wonderful pet and nature photos and also reading the heartwarming and heartbreaking stories. BPD, my heart goes out to you and your fuzz-ball, keeping each other happy is good!
    I'm fairly new to the forum, and to the world of pearls, so my name might not be familiar to you.
    This is our latest dog, Red, showed up in our yard very early one morning in the middle of winter. He lives to eat, won't poop on leash, and chews his toenails. DSC08511sm.jpgRed.jpg
    Also afraid of rain and my camera. I think the little focusing light freaks him out
    Last edited by Sue Bee; 05-01-2017 at 02:11 AM.

This is Sparky, a cat we found in our basement one year, not friendly- after putting her outside several times, finally put a litter box and food down there. It took a while, but he's now friendly and loving (unless he's at the vet's, ha ha!) Posing in his kitty-cube in the greenhouse.!Sparky.jpgSparky in his house.jpg Afraid of windy days (blowing leaves, forget about it!) and won't come near our dogs, who have seen him from the upstairs porch for 10 years but still bark at him. Hates other cats. Fur like velvet!