• Pearl Guide News RSS Feed

Article Preview
    Welcome!

Pearls have long been a subject of fascination ? beautiful gems produced by living organisms, with or without the help of human intervention. In the early 20th century, cultivation of pearls brought ...
    Article Preview
    All perfectly spherical. All luminous. All highly lustrous.

Two are Hanadama-grade akoya cultured pearl strands, and one is a solid-nacre freshwater cultured pearl strand. Surprised? The time has come for ...
    Article Preview
    Douglas McLaurin of Perlas del Mar de Cortez pearl farm in Mexico will be a regular contributor with his column "Adventures in Pearl Farming".

The Unexpected

June and July are very special months here at our small pearl farm in the Gulf of California: the ...
    Article Preview
    Antique Jewelry Collector Paul Royse will be contributing a series of articles on learning about and acquiring antique pearl jewelry. This introduction is the first installment.

Antique Pearl Jewelry that YOU Could Own
    Paul Royse

Introduction ...
    Article Preview
    The AGTA Tucson show is filled with fabulous gems that compete for attention, but this necklace stopped everyone in their tracks.

Painstakingly collected for twelve years, starting in the 1960s, this triple strand necklace of natural-color ...
    Article Preview
    Last February, as I made my way through the new JCK Tucson show, I almost missed discovering Isabelle Langlois. Fortunately, on my way out, I slowed down to scrutinize a display case and saw an amazing pair of pearl earrings.

The pearls were inset into what appeared to be swirls of pink shell enamel. I asked if I could take a photograph and Bruno Radegonde, Business Development Manager ...
    Article Preview
    Alishan Halebian designs sculptural and sensuous jewelry. Having seen some great Alishan pearl pieces in the past, I hurried over to the new JCK Tucson show to find his booth.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567